2009년 9월 24일 목요일

Clue #4

What clues do setting and characterization offer?

1. What specific clues can setting reveal about the theme of a story?
- Settings can tell readers the idea of where the characters are and can give you more idea of the place and their characteristic. For example, Paul lives in Africa. It tells readers that Paul likes hot places. It can tell the the characteristic of the specific character. Paul likes living in a big house and he doesn't like people who are poor. That tells readers that Paul likes something luxurious and an expensive stuff.

2. How does an author drop clues about characters and how their actions lead you to the theme of a story?
- Authors usually describe characters' personal characteristic by using an indirect way. This way readers can catch the idea or a clue of what the character looks like or is. The characters actions lead us to the theme of a story. For example, Paul killed all the villagers and police are trying to track his trace. It basically makes us think that the story is based on criminal investigating and is a type of detective story.

3. What is the strongest setting you have ever encountered in your own life.
Describe this place and ponder if God revealed anything about himself or his truth in this place.
- I think the strongest setting I've ever encountered in my life is China. This country was the only place I went to study in a foreign country. I had lived for 4 years in China and I learned many things from this place. For example, how to make more friends and be more socialized. Also, I have learned to how to adapt in different places. I guess God has given me a chance to live abroad and learn things I couldn't learn in my home country.

Setting & Characterization

1. Who is a "character" in your life (a real-life person) you admire?
Why do you admire this person? (be specific and name the traits you admire)
- My mom because she's the creator who brought me into the existence. She's my creator and also she's my problem counselor who helps me to cope problems. She's very kindhearted. She listens to every words I say, try to respond to what I said to her. She's always smiling, she rarely gets angry but she frowns often. I think she's a bit impatient. She likes to decorate rooms or even entire house by herself. She has mysophbia, she likes to clean the room everyday and she does not allow any dirt in her house, which is our house too.
She's really tall and pretty too.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기